How To Search on TikTok for Simply About Something
When you’ve by no means even questioned the best way to search on TikTok, that’s truthful: Relying on what the algorithm curates, chances are you’ll be distracted by humorous fails, dance routines, cute canine movies, and wacky mirror results in your For You web page.
However whereas it’s enjoyable to scroll for some time, it’s fairly straightforward to get misplaced or overwhelmed. And what if you wish to discover that hysterical cat video you noticed final week or broaden your horizons past the algorithm’s choice?
Whether or not you’re on the platform to market your brand, see the most recent movies out of your favourite creator, or simply impress your niece, you’ll have to know the best way to search on TikTok.
Bonus: Get a free TikTok Growth Checklist from famous TikTok creator Tiffy Chen that shows you how to gain 1.6 million followers with only 3 studio lights and iMovie.
We get it. Falling down a TikTok rabbit hole is just too tempting sometimes.
But instead of scrolling mindlessly through the platform’s recommendations, you might want to watch something specific like a cooking demo or the latest glow-up.
Here’s how to search the platform for videos:
- Tap the Search icon in the top right of your screen.
- Type the name or type of video you’re looking for into the search bar. This could be something like “dogs of TikTok.”
- Slide to the Videos tab to see the top-performing content related to your search.
- Scroll through and tap on any of the TikToks you want to watch in full.
People often think (myself included!) that TikTok filters and effects are the same. But there’s actually a big difference between filters and effects.
TikTok filters change the color balance of what you’re filming. Effects add graphics, sounds, stickers, and games to your content.
Here’s how to search for filters on TikTok:
- Tap on the Create icon in the center of the bottom menu.
- Upload your image or video and tap the Filters icon on the right-hand side.
- Scroll through the filters on the lower screen until you find something you like.
You can always save or heart the video if you see a TikTok that uses an effect you like. But if you forget that, it can be hard to go back and find the effect.
The good news is if you remember anything about a TikTok effect, even a rough term like “bling” or “mirror reflection,” you’ll probably be able to find it using TikTok’s search tool.
You can also use the Search tool to find effects you haven’t seen before or play around with them in preview mode. That’s often how you’ll find the best TikTok effects for the kind of content you like to post.
Here’s how to search for effects on TikTok:
- Tap the Search icon and type a keyword into the search bar. If you remember the name of the effect — which appears on the lower left-hand side of TikToks that use the effect — that’s extra helpful.
- Can’t remember the name? Type in the characteristics you can remember, like “clown” or “disco.”
- If there’s an effect with that specific name, it will pop up first. It will then be followed by the top-performing TikToks that have those terms tagged so you can find what you’re looking for.
- Tap on the effect to see all the top-performing TikToks using that effect.
Pro tip: If you see a video with a cool effect, tap the effect’s name to head to its homepage and see other videos that have used the effect.
If you like it, you can save it for later by tapping Add to Favorites.
Bookmarking the effects you like when you see them will save you a ton of time.
88% of TikTokers say that audio is “essential” to their expertise on the app. So understanding the best way to discover and use trending sounds on TikTok can assist elevate your movies and make them extra partaking on your viewers.
You’ll find the title of any sound on TikTok movies by wanting on the decrease left nook. You may then faucet on it to see the top-performing content material utilizing that sound and add it to your favorites for later.
To discover a explicit sound, you may seek for it.
- Faucet the Search icon and sort in a key phrase.
- Faucet the Sounds tab to see all of the sound outcomes that match your key phrase.
- You may play a preview of every of the sounds that can assist you discover the one which matches what you’re in search of.
Whether or not you’re in search of a TikTok creator everybody’s speaking about or simply wish to discover your pal’s profile, you’ll have to seek for folks in some unspecified time in the future.
Right here’s the best way to search customers on TikTok:
- Faucet on the Search icon on the prime proper nook of the Residence display screen.
- Enter the title of an individual within the prime search bar. Strategies will seem proper under the search bar.
- If not one of the ideas match the particular person you had been in search of, you may sort the particular person’s title and faucet on the search choice to the fitting of the search field.
- All of the profiles with the identical title will pop up. You may faucet on the profile you had been in search of or faucet the Observe button to the fitting of the profile title.
If you wish to join with folks you already know, there’s a fair simpler approach to discover them. Right here’s the best way to search contacts on TikTok:
- Go to your TikTok profile and faucet the Person icon on the prime left nook of the display screen.
- On the Discover mates web page, there are three choices listed above recommended accounts: Invite mates, Contacts, and Fb mates.
- Faucet Contacts and permit entry to your cellphone’s contacts.
- If any of your contacts have TikTok accounts, they’ll pop up now. You may faucet the Observe button subsequent to their title to begin following their content material.
Like on other social media platforms, hashtags make content material extra discoverable. On TikTok, looking out widespread hashtags can assist you discover the most recent problem, dance routine or viral development.
Right here’s the best way to search hashtags on TikTok:
- Faucet the Search icon within the prime proper of your display screen.
- Kind in what you’re in search of within the search bar and faucet Search.
Tip: Be as particular as potential. For instance, you may sort the identical of a creator, trending problem, or different trending content material like “hire free.”
- Essentially the most related outcomes will seem within the Prime tab.
- Swipe to the Hashtags tab for all of the trending hashtags that point out the searched key phrase.
- Faucet on the hashtag you’re in search of to see all of the TikToks that embody the hashtag you looked for. You may as well add the hashtag to your favorites so that you bear in mind it afterward.
Whilst you can’t work together or publish content material on TikTok with out an account, you may search the platform.
Let’s say your Gen Z brother received’t cease speaking concerning the trending tortilla problem, and now, he desires you to star in his newest video. As an alternative of claiming sure straight away, right here’s how one can search on TikTok with out an account to see what you’re letting your self in for.
- Seek for TikTok and your key phrase in your cell browser.
- Then scroll to the consequence that exhibits TikTok.
- On the TikTok internet web page, you’ll see all of the top-performing content material associated to your search.
Notice: The search expertise on TikTok is very restricted with out an account. There’s no choice to seek for content material on the TikTok internet web page.
A TikTok duet permits you to share your video alongside one other creator’s content material. Duets use a split-screen impact, so your video performs concurrently the unique video.
Duets are a enjoyable approach to work together and collaborate with different TikTok customers. Earlier than you put up your subsequent duet, seek for some inspo on TikTok first.
- Faucet the Search icon within the prime proper of your display screen.
- Kind in duet within the search bar and faucet Search.
- The highest-performing content material will seem below the Prime tab.
- You may as well browse extra duets on the Hashtags tab.
- If you wish to discover duets with particular folks, simply search “duet with @[creator’s username]“.
Wish to take a more in-depth take a look at your rising TikTok fanbase? It’s straightforward to see who precisely is following you on TikTok.
- Head to your profile.
- Faucet on Followers, and a full checklist of your TikTok followers will pop up.
Similar to on Instagram Stories, you may add GIFs to your TikToks. You seek for them whenever you create your TikTok.
- Faucet the center + icon in your display screen to begin creating your TikTok.
- Add or take a picture or video to your TikTok as regular.
- Then faucet the Stickers icon.
- Within the search bar, sort the title of the GIFs you’re in search of. Scroll via the gathering till you discover one you want.
As a mobile-first app, TikTok on desktop has restricted capabilities. But when you end up with out your cellphone and are determined to see your favourite creator’s subsequent TikTok, right here’s the best way to seek for somebody on TikTok out of your pc.
- Kind TikTok into your desktop browser. Navigate onto the house display screen.
- Within the prime search bar, sort within the particular person’s title you’re looking for.
- Click on on the search icon. An inventory of prime content material, accounts, and movies associated to the particular person’s title will seem.
- Click on on the search consequence you’re in search of to see the particular person’s profile. Out of your browser, you may solely see a abstract of the person’s profile that features their movies and hyperlink in bio. You may’t see an inventory of their followers or who they’re following on the desktop.
Develop your TikTok presence alongside your different social channels utilizing Hootsuite. It’s the whole lot you’ll want to do on social — schedule and publish posts for the most effective instances, have interaction your viewers, and measure efficiency — all from a single dashboard. Attempt it free right now.
Need extra TikTok views?
Schedule posts for the most effective instances, view efficiency stats, and touch upon movies in Hootsuite.