111 Time-Saving Keyboard Shortcuts for Social Media Managers (PC and Mac)
Do you know utilizing keyboard shortcuts can prevent hours of time? Holy shift! As a social media marketer, suppose what you would obtain with all that further TikTok dancing observe?
However critically: Shortcuts can assist you schedule social media posts, reply to DMs, insert hashtags (with out copy/pasting), change between tabs and accounts, and a lot extra. There’s a sooner strategy to do practically all the things you’ll want to in a day.
That is your one-stop store for time administration optimization. Maintain studying to seek out out the 111 keyboard shortcuts for Mac and PC you’ll want to know as a social media supervisor.
Bonus: Get a free social media strategy template to quickly and easily plan your own strategy. Also use it to track results and present the plan to your boss, teammates, and clients.
What’s a keyboard shortcut?
A keyboard shortcut is a specific combination of keys that triggers an action on your computer, e.g. copying or pasting a piece of text.
You can do almost anything with shortcuts, including taking screenshots, scheduling social media posts, switching programs, finding documents and text quickly, and so much more.
A study found that keyboard shortcuts are, on average, 18.3% faster than utilizing a mouse for frequent duties!
Keyboard shortcuts on PC vs. Mac
Keyboard shortcuts look a bit totally different on PCs and Macs. Most shortcuts begin with the identical key: both Management (on PCs) or Command (on Mac). Functionally, that is actually the identical key — the naming is simply totally different between working programs.
It must be labeled in your keyboard, but when not, bear in mind:
PC customers = Management
Mac customers = Command
Generally keyboard shortcuts are totally different between the 2 working programs. If there are Home windows or Mac-specific variations of the social media shortcuts beneath, I’ll point out it. In any other case, I’ll default to saying “Management” beneath as a result of though I’m a Mac consumer now, I grew up the way in which all elder millennials did: Home windows 98, child.
Keyboard shortcuts for Fb
- Search Fb: /
- Search Messenger contacts: Q
- Navigate Messenger DMs (earlier dialog): Alt + ↑
- Navigate Messenger DMs (subsequent dialog): Alt + ↓
- Present shortcuts menu: SHIFT + ?
- Scroll Information Feed (earlier put up): J
- Scroll Information Feed (subsequent put up): Okay
- Create a put up: P
- Like or not like a put up: L
- Touch upon a put up: C
- Share a put up: S
- Open attachment from a narrative: O
- Launch or exit full-screen mode: F
- Scroll a photograph album (earlier): J
- Scroll a photograph album (subsequent): Okay
- See full textual content of a put up (“See extra”): ENTER on PC / RETURN on Mac
Word: To make use of these, you’ll want to enable Facebook keyboard shortcuts in your settings. You may flip them on, off, and in addition allow or disable single key shortcuts.
You may also navigate to totally different areas of Fb with the next keyboard shortcuts, however these solely work on Home windows:
- Residence: Alt + 1
- Timeline: Alt + 2
- Mates Web page: Alt + 3
- Inbox: Alt + 4
- Notifications: Alt + 5
- Settings: Alt + 6
- Exercise Log: Alt + 7
- About: Alt + 8
- Phrases: Alt + 9
- Assist: Alt + 0
In Firefox: Press Shift + Alt +1, and so forth.
Mac tip: Some studies say these work in Safari as Management + Choice + 1, nonetheless they didn’t on my M1 MacBook with Monterey. In case you have an older Mac, give it a strive.
Keyboard shortcuts for Twitter
- Seek for optimistic model sentiment Tweets: 🙂 + your organization title (or another time period)
- Seek for adverse sentiment Tweets: 🙁 + firm title
- Ship a DM: M
- Scroll Residence feed (earlier Tweet): J
- Scroll Residence feed (subsequent Tweet): Okay
- Refresh Residence feed to see new Tweets: . (interval!)
- Like a Tweet: L
- Write a brand new Tweet: N
- Put up Tweet: Management + Enter on PC / Command + Return on Mac
- Favourite present Tweet: F
- Retweet chosen Tweet: T
- Open element web page of present Tweet: Enter (Return on Mac)
You may also navigate Twitter by urgent the next keyboard shortcuts on the similar time:
- Residence Feed: G + H
- Mentions: G + R
- Notifications: G + N
- DMs: G + M
- Your profile: G + P
- Another person’s profile: G + U
- Lists: G + L
- Settings: G + S
Keyboard shortcuts for YouTube
- Skip backward or ahead when watching a video: Use quantity keys to skip to the next marks.
- 1 = 10%
- 2 = 20%
- 3 = 30%
- 4 = 40%
- 5 = 50%
- 6 = 60%
- 7 = 70%
- 8 = 80%
- 9 = 90%
- 0 = Again to the beginning
- Make video full-screen: F
- Play or pause video: Area Bar
- Rewind video: Left arrow key
- Quick-forward video: Proper arrow key
- Skip video ahead 10 seconds: L
- Skip video backward 10 seconds: J
- Go to the following video within the playlist: Shift + N
- Go to the earlier video within the playlist: Shift + P
- Toggle closed captioning on or off: C
- Quantity up by 5%: Up arrow
- Quantity down by 5%: Down arrow
Keyboard shortcuts for LinkedIn
- Ship a DM: Management + Enter (or Return on Mac)
- Or, you possibly can set LinkedIn to ship a message, as a substitute of beginning a brand new line, while you press Enter.
- Add a picture or video to a put up: Tab + Enter
- Ship your put up or remark: Tab + Tab + Enter
Shortcuts for LinkedIn Recruiter
In an inventory of candidate profiles in search outcomes:
- Subsequent particular person: Proper arrow
- Earlier particular person: Left arrow
- Save profile to pipeline: S
- Cover profile: H
Shortcuts for LinkedIn Studying movies
- Play/pause: Area Bar
- Mute audio: M
- Flip closed captioning on or off: C
- Quantity up: Up arrow
- Quantity down: Down arrow
- Skip backwards 10 seconds: Left arrow
- Skip ahead 10 seconds: Proper arrow
- Make video full-screen: F
Keyboard shortcuts for content material creation
These shortcuts work in most functions and internet browsers, although some apps could have their very own particular shortcuts. You could be acquainted with most of those already, however don’t underestimate how a lot time these can prevent in comparison with clickin’ round.
In relation to content creation, batching your manufacturing and getting your captions, graphics, and hyperlinks all carried out without delay is crucial in your workflow. The sooner you may make content material, the extra you may make, and the higher your social media advertising and marketing ROI might be.
- Copy: Management + C
- Lower: Management + X
- Paste: Management + V
- Choose all: Management + A
- Undo: Management + Z
- Redo: Shift + Management + Z
- Daring textual content: Management + B
- Italicize textual content: Management + I
- Insert a hyperlink: Management + Okay
Take a screenshot on PC
- Home windows Brand key + PrtScn
- Or, in case you don’t have PrtScn: Fn + Home windows Brand + Area Bar
Take a screenshot on Mac
- Total display screen: Shift + Command + 3 (press and maintain all collectively)
- Portion of your display screen: Shift + Command + 4
- Screenshot an open window or app: Shift + Command + 4 + Area Bar (then use mouse to pick out which window to seize)
Put these shortcuts in your again pocket ‘trigger you’re going to make use of them day by day. Oh, the shortcut for that? Ctrl + ↓ = ship to again (pocket).
- Search textual content on a webpage or (most) functions: Management + F
- Scroll to the following point out of your search time period when utilizing this: Management + G
- Change open tabs in your internet browser: Management + Tab
- Open a brand new tab: Management + N
- Save progress: Management + S
- Shut a browser tab or app window: Management + W
- Stop an utility: Management + Q
- Power give up a frozen utility: Management + Alt + Delete (press on the similar time) on PC / Choice + Command + Escape on Mac
- Restart a totally frozen laptop:
- Home windows: Management + Alt + Delete (similar time), then Management + click on the Energy icon that comes up on the display screen
- Mac, with out Contact ID: Management + Command + Energy button
- Mac, with Contact ID: Maintain down the Energy button till it restarts
- Change between open apps: Alt + Tab on PC / Command + Tab on Mac (maintain the Command key down and press Tab to pick out an open app)
- Wildcard Google search: Add * to the top of your search phrase to seek out key phrases associated to your search phrase.
- Seek for an actual phrase in Google (additionally works for Fb, Twitter, and lots of different websites): Put quotes round it, like “Mac keyboard shortcuts”
- Use Google to go looking a particular web site: Put the URL adopted by a colon. Additional search energy? Add quotes to seek out an actual phrase, too.
- Search your laptop: Home windows Brand key + S on PC / Command + Area Bar on Mac
- Zoom in a browser tab or app: Management + +
- Zoom out: Management + –
Keyboard shortcuts for Hootsuite
These shortcuts can critically increase your productiveness in Hootsuite:
- Ship or schedule a put up: Shift + Enter on PC / Shift + Return on Mac
- Navigate Hootsuite in your internet browser: Press Tab to cycle by way of sections—Residence, Create, Streams, and so on—and Enter to pick out one.
Fast textual content phrase shortcuts
On most gadgets, you possibly can assign an extended textual content phrase to a key or shorter phrase, which saves you from having to kind it on a regular basis. Use this for hashtags, solutions to regularly requested questions, frequent DM responses, and extra.
Use your textual content replacements within the Hootsuite cellular app or on the net whereas scheduling posts to avoid wasting a ton of time:
Hootsuite keyboard shortcuts for Streams
Use these within the search bar in a brand new Stream to supercharge your content curation and engagement analysis.
Go to the Streams tab, then click on Add Stream on the prime:
Choose the account you need to use, faucet Search, enter one of many following shortcuts, and click on Add stream.
On this instance, my Stream exhibits social media posts about advertising and marketing that don’t have hyperlinks—excellent for including to my content material curation workflow.
- Seek for optimistic model sentiment posts: 🙂 + your organization title (instance: 🙂 Hootsuite)
- Seek for adverse model sentiment posts: 🙁 + your organization title
- See posts with out hyperlinks: -filter:links (example: marketing -filter:links)
- To see only posts with links, remove the “-” so: marketing filter:links
- Find content near your location: near:City (example: marketing near:Vancouver)
- Find content in a specific language: lang:en (Find language abbreviations.)
- See solely posts with questions: Add a ? to your search time period.
Handle a number of Fb pages alongside your different social channels and save time utilizing Hootsuite. Schedule posts, share video, have interaction with followers, and measure the affect of your efforts. Attempt it free in the present day.
Do it higher with Hootsuite, the all-in-one social media toolkit. Keep up to the mark, develop, and beat the competitors.